What's new

Buckle age?

mainer

Silver Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,405
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering if anyone could tell me the age of this buckle? I think its brass. And its 2 inches long by 1 5/16 wide.
 

Attachments

  • buckle1.webp
    buckle1.webp
    78.1 KB · Views: 285
  • buckle2.webp
    buckle2.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 261
Anyone? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I have found a couple of these and still have no idea how old they are. I don't even know if they are horse tack or not.

Just a weird buckle to me.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
i'm thinking it is a chin strap buckle or a kepi hat buckle......
but not sure :dontknow:
here is a kepi buckle
 

Attachments

  • buckle.webp
    buckle.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 154
  • buckle.webp
    buckle.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
I have found a couple of these and still have no idea how old they are. I don't even know if they are horse tack or not.

Just a weird buckle to me.

Daryl

My first thought was horse tack, but I have no idea. Im thinking there is a little age to them aswell, but not positive.
 
Upvote 0
snake pit said:
i'm thinking it is a chin strap buckle or a kepi hat buckle......
but not sure :dontknow:
here is a kepi buckle

it does resemble one Cody and Great try, but you missed his written measurements, they show that it's not a kepi buckle. A kepi buckle in size is about 7/8 x 3/4in and really thin.

Your ole Dad
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
5
Views
830
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Type of buckle?
Replies
1
Views
430

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom