What's new

Buckle Button Bottle

Smilodon

Full Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Messages
200
Reaction score
607
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charleston sc
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Had a couple hours today and headed out with a friend. The items were found within a few feet of each other and I believe they are all copper, well except the bottle. The one buckle still swivels. Any information on any would be great.
 

Attachments

  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 280
  • 016.webp
    016.webp
    110.3 KB · Views: 287
  • 018.webp
    018.webp
    82.7 KB · Views: 275
  • 020.webp
    020.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 021.webp
    021.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 281
  • 024.webp
    024.webp
    121.5 KB · Views: 277
  • 026.webp
    026.webp
    92.8 KB · Views: 281
The third item looks like it could be part of a mortise door lock mechanism. I'll see if I can find an example.

The button is a U.S. war of 1812 Artillery button.

The Ozomulsion bottle is a ca 1880's or later medicine (cure-all) bottle.

As for the buckle I don't have a clue. I'm sure the experts will be here shortly to correct any mistakes I've made.

23646695_QHOD003.jpg


Mike
USAF Retired
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for your help. The area we are at we found slave tags,a reale,indian pottery and bunch of bottles. Mainly sc dispensary bottles. I am fairly new to this and appreciate your help. Any idea where I can get the buckle identified?
 
Upvote 0
The buckle is from a stocking-or-garter strap.

The item brass item with the wedge on one end is indeed from a door latch/lock.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom