What's new

Buckle Field - Day 4...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,596
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a short window of 3 hours & 15 Minutes, to prove to ourselves that it was time to move on, as the finds were getting less. In the end we proved we need to keep gridding a bit more;

Tudor Button
Lead Token
Scarce type of 17th C Buckle
A Chubb Key Spill...
Lead Cloth Seal
Bent Saxon Strapend
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    85.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    101 KB · Views: 159
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    122.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    99.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    74.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    43 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 24
Crusader you are one digging fool but with respect and no disrespect, Like I quoted you in the last post you have to have one heck uva relic pile. It would be neat to see them laid out , as I said you keep digging and I will keep looking or gawking and so and so on,vanzutphen
 
Crusader you are one digging fool but with respect and no disrespect, Like I quoted you in the last post you have to have one heck uva relic pile. It would be neat to see them laid out , as I said you keep digging and I will keep looking or gawking and so and so on,vanzutphen

It would take me 2 days to lay it all out!
 
A cool buckle again! Don't know this design. Do you have a time frame for this one?
 
Cool buckle and key spill, what's the top item in the button picture?
 
Great variety and I love those old keys!
 
Cool buckle and key spill, what's the top item in the button picture?

Its the handle of a 13/14th C pottery jug/flaggon.
 
Great variety and I love those old keys!

Yeap, They where just hanging on to a rusty ring that broke as soon as I dug them. No idea why you would need so many diiferent ones. (I think they are door key?)
 
Love the key spill!!
 
Nice group of finds as usual...with tennessee digger, love those keys...
 
Dad did some reserch on the Cloth Seal he found:

I think the Lead Cloth seal is one of the COUNTY Types used for cloth. The Lombardic letters with a Crown-over- Portcullis seal were used by Devon, Kent, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Worcestershire and Yorkshire. The inscription normally went something like S’VLN’PAO’VEAL’I CO’ ….. being short for Sigillum Ulnagii Pannorum Venalicum in Comitata. (Seal of alnage of saleable cloths in the county of ..). I can certainly see the PAO part.
 
Great buckle:thumbsup: love those keys:occasion14:
 

Interesting finds as always Cru! :thumbsup:

Love the 'Chubb' key spill... this is an interesting piece?

Dave
 

Attachments

  • 4-crop.webp
    4-crop.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom