What's new

Buckle from 1895 or 1995??

Born Free

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
440
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trying to locate a ghost town with no buildings or roads is hard to do! The only thing I found is this buckle. It clearly says
"PATENT JULY 2.95" and "AUGUST 8.93". Guess I need to know if the CENTURY is 1900 or 1800! Any buckle wizards out there have any info?

Thank you in advance!
Born Free
 

Attachments

  • Pendant 004.webp
    Pendant 004.webp
    67.2 KB · Views: 673
Yes 1895, I found one similar just the other day Made by Boston Garter pat. date Apr. 30, 95 :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1659.webp
    DSCN1659.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 461
  • CL8_236_8.webp
    CL8_236_8.webp
    163 KB · Views: 501
Upvote 0
What kind of socks and garters did cowboys wear?
 
Upvote 0
High Plains Digger said:
droopy ones. A real cowboy would never wear garters. Hence the invention of tall boots and long pants.

;D

When I found mine the first thing that came to my mind was garters....but NOT men's garters! :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom