Buckle???? Help Guys

christophernixon

Nov 20, 2005
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I had a few minutes while my daughter was in the pool this evening and detected for about 45 minutes. I got a good signal (VDI +94) on my MXT about 6 inches down - I found this, thing, maybe its a buckle????

Let me attempt to describe it - its about 3 1/2 inches across and 4 inches high - in the center of the top is what appears to be the outline of a person - in the middle of the shield is what appears to be a shield inside of which is 6 boxes containing stars - around the shield appears to be feathers and arrowheads - the outline of a person on top seems to have wings coming out from the sides - the back has what appears to be 3 spots that at one time held some type of prong or something.

So guys you tell me - what is this???? I live in NW GA and the property I live on was a peach orchard during the 1800's and a working farm until the early 1900's.

Help me guys - you are the experts at this stuff - or at least I like to think so. ;D

Attachments

• 061306.jpg
    061306.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 06130601.jpg
    06130601.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two questions: Is it made of pressed copper? And can we see a picture of the back of it?

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
The Glasses On The Figure At The Top Look Almost Heart Shaped, It Has To Be Some Kind Of Decorative Piece, But I Can't Think What It Came Off Of. If It Is A Belt Plate, It Has To Be From Some Kind Of Costume. Very Interesting Find. trk5capt...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Intresting Piece.

Congrats on the Find.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting coat of arms! Maybe a decor piece for furniture of possibly an old book. Any thing else found around it looking like hinges? Similar things like that are sold here in Germany for hiking and souveniours, they are sometimes mounted on a walking stick or cane or can be pinned onto a hat. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread