What's new

Buckle help

doublet2a

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
1,281
Reaction score
306
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lindsay, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils.
Found this a few years ago at an old home site.
Measures 2 Inches, The clapper part is stationary,
The three oval designs are all the same.
Looks like a lady holding flowers with her hair blowing in the wind.
Guess it's a belt buckle??? Ant idea on age.
Thanks

Tim
 

Attachments

  • DSC00041.webp
    DSC00041.webp
    142.3 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC00042.webp
    DSC00042.webp
    112.4 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC00043.webp
    DSC00043.webp
    136.4 KB · Views: 239
What ever type of buckle it turns out to be :o :o it's a corker :)

SS.
 
Upvote 0
Good guess trader. I guess the age somewhere around the 1930's or 40's, mostly because I'm not sure that mottled "modernistic" background was in style earlier.
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
Silver Searcher said:
What ever type of buckle it turns out to be :o :o it's a corker :)

SS.
i am unfamilar with the phrase "it's a corker"? would you kindly clue me in please.
Corker means very nice :thumbsup:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
traderoftreasures said:
Silver Searcher said:
What ever type of buckle it turns out to be :o :o it's a corker :)

SS.
i am unfamilar with the phrase "it's a corker"? would you kindly clue me in please.
Corker means very nice :thumbsup:

SS
thanks for the update! :icon_salut:
 
Upvote 0
Due to the art noveau style I say 1890s-1910s
 
Upvote 0
Well, "corker" it is....Never heard that one. How the heck do you get very nice out of corker I'll never know. But, I do know, one of our British gals that worked for us about had a heart attack when we told her to grab a fanny pack with the medical supplies. If we were in England and said that....We would have had a lawsuit. lol For you guys over the pond, Fanny means "bottom or rear" here. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Well, "corker" it is....Never heard that one. How the heck do you get very nice out of corker I'll never know. But, I do know, one of our British gals that worked for us about had a heart attack when we told her to grab a fanny pack with the medical supplies. If we were in England and said that....We would have had a lawsuit. lol For you guys over the pond, Fanny means "bottom or rear" here. :thumbsup:

I know.

Definition below:

Noun 1. corker - (dated slang) a remarkable or excellent thing or person; "that story was a corker"

I guess it came from bottling good wine, ie thats a corker. ie a good one to cork & put away.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
4-H said:
Well, "corker" it is....Never heard that one. How the heck do you get very nice out of corker I'll never know. But, I do know, one of our British gals that worked for us about had a heart attack when we told her to grab a fanny pack with the medical supplies. If we were in England and said that....We would have had a lawsuit. lol For you guys over the pond, Fanny means "bottom or rear" here. :thumbsup:

I know.

Definition below:

Noun 1. corker - (dated slang) a remarkable or excellent thing or person; "that story was a corker"

I guess it came from bottling good wine, ie thats a corker. ie a good one to cork & put away.
lol good stuff
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Due to the art noveau style I say 1890s-1910s

I agree with Crusader.

This piece is a woman's faux sash buckle - IMO.

It is constructed with mid Victorian elements, considering the back view. The front carries a decidedly nouveau (also Victorian) look based on the attached oval portraits with that back piece sporting an arts/crafts look. My opinion only.

Based on that pile of garbage I just typed, which only means something to me - I'd date it about-ish 1890-1900 based on the elements of design.


That does NOT mean it could NOT have been constructed later... into the early 1900s like johnnyi stated.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom