What's new

Buckle help

jrwill56

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
422
Reaction score
194
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chowan Co.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 2000
White mark 11
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
got back out at lunch,found this broken buckle,looks small to be a shoe buckle unless it is a childs. the buckle is next to the dime,the big one is some photo work to show how it should look,anyone know a date?
 

Attachments

  • scan0001.webp
    scan0001.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 280
Double loop rectangular Buckle :thumbsup:

Circa 1570-1700

Nice find :headbang:

SS.
 

Attachments

  • 1253629068A.webp
    1253629068A.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 189
Upvote 0
Hi Bill. I see you are digging the old stuff on those breaks again! Your going to make me want to come out and detect with you soon. Seriously, I think there is a good find that will be coming out of there. Keep posting...HHHH Mike
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
Double loop rectangular Buckle :thumbsup:

Circa 1570-1700

Nice find :headbang:

SS.

Good ID, it does fit the Spur Buckles of that type & timeframe just puzzelled by the metal which looks more tombac than the usual copper-alloy :icon_scratch:

PS. maybe well preserved copper-alloy (looking at picture again)
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
Double loop rectangular Buckle :thumbsup:

Circa 1570-1700

Nice find :headbang:

SS.

Good ID, it does fit the Spur Buckles of that type & timeframe just puzzelled by the metal which looks more tombac than the usual copper-alloy :icon_scratch:

PS. maybe well preserved copper-alloy (looking at picture again)
Yes..... I would say a later copy of the type I posted. :dontknow:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
Double loop rectangular Buckle :thumbsup:

Circa 1570-1700

Nice find :headbang:

SS.

Good ID, it does fit the Spur Buckles of that type & timeframe just puzzelled by the metal which looks more tombac than the usual copper-alloy :icon_scratch:

PS. maybe well preserved copper-alloy (looking at picture again)
Yes..... I would say a later copy of the type I posted. :dontknow:

SS

I wonder if its an 18th century buckle in the same style (as you say like a copy). I guess the history of the area will narrow it to the right timeframe.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
Double loop rectangular Buckle :thumbsup:

Circa 1570-1700

Nice find :headbang:

SS.

Good ID, it does fit the Spur Buckles of that type & timeframe just puzzelled by the metal which looks more tombac than the usual copper-alloy :icon_scratch:

PS. maybe well preserved copper-alloy (looking at picture again)
Yes..... I would say a later copy of the type I posted. :dontknow:

SS

I wonder if its an 18th century buckle in the same style (as you say like a copy). I guess the history of the area will narrow it to the right timeframe.
That's what I thought :P maybe Bill can shed more light on the find area :)

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
Double loop rectangular Buckle :thumbsup:

Circa 1570-1700

Nice find :headbang:

SS.

Good ID, it does fit the Spur Buckles of that type & timeframe just puzzelled by the metal which looks more tombac than the usual copper-alloy :icon_scratch:

PS. maybe well preserved copper-alloy (looking at picture again)
Yes..... I would say a later copy of the type I posted. :dontknow:

SS
the large pic looks more like the actual buckle.i was messing with the pic..here is the buckle.i am running out of hits. but i feel ther is a great find out there somewhere,on this site.i have found items that can be dated from the 17th.century to the middle of the 19th century
 

Attachments

  • scan0002.webp
    scan0002.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 246
Upvote 0
jrwill56 said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
Double loop rectangular Buckle :thumbsup:

Circa 1570-1700

Nice find :headbang:

SS.

Good ID, it does fit the Spur Buckles of that type & timeframe just puzzelled by the metal which looks more tombac than the usual copper-alloy :icon_scratch:

PS. maybe well preserved copper-alloy (looking at picture again)
Yes..... I would say a later copy of the type I posted. :dontknow:

SS
the large pic looks more likethe actual buckle.iwas messing with the pic..here is the buckle
Same Buckle :)

SS
 

Attachments

  • 1253629068A.webp
    1253629068A.webp
    2.2 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom