What's new

Buckle help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Does anyone know how old this buckle is? Thanks. :icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2573.webp
    IMG_2573.webp
    53.4 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_2574.webp
    IMG_2574.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_2575.webp
    IMG_2575.webp
    23 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_2576.webp
    IMG_2576.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 288
Hi Garibaldi, I just had a quick look at ukfd and, this is just a guess, it looks like your buckle could be a two piece sub rectangular buckle circa 1660-1720. This style was around for a while but the style of workmanship possibly indicates earlier rather than later. I am sure one of the buckle experts will put me right, but this might put you on the right track.

hh

hammered
 
Upvote 0
That's a nice little buckle. I'd have to agree with Hammered as I was thinking early to mid 1700's.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you Hammered and Vayank. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
It might be a knee, stock or hat buckle since the spindle shaft ran lengthwise and on shoe buckles it ran across the width. I would date it mid 1700s.

Don
 
Upvote 0
thats weird, I have the same one ,except its about 3x3 inches. Its in perfect shape, nothing missing. ;D
 
Upvote 0
Don in SJ said:
It might be a knee, stock or hat buckle since the spindle shaft ran lengthwise and on shoe buckles it ran across the width. I would date it mid 1700s.

Don

I was thinking the same, might be a very small shoe buckle which is possible but more likely the above. Everyone agrees on the date.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you all for the ID. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom