What's new

Buckle Help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Any idea what kind of buckle this is. ??? High probability it is military, early 1800's training site.
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 180
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 167
I just found this info on CW buckles and the measurements line up. Seems to be what I found. :dontknow:

"WAIST BELT KEEPERS FOR CIVIL WAR OFFICER/NCO WAIST BELTS. Brass. For the M1851 Rectangular Eagle belt plate, or any one of the many state, city, or organization rectangular plates"
 

Attachments

  • BeltKeeper_small.webp
    BeltKeeper_small.webp
    3 KB · Views: 173
  • BeltKeeper 2.webp
    BeltKeeper 2.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 0
Yep,thats what I was going to say.Should be a plate around there!
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Yep,thats what I was going to say.Should be a plate around there!
Plate would be a dream find. :o
 
Upvote 0
Your close!!!I have found a plate,and no keeper!!!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Buckle
Replies
1
Views
326
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Spur ID
Replies
8
Views
756

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom