What's new

Buckle help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
I think it has a patent mark on back. It may have a date also 1879? Any idea if this is a civilian buckle? :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • 024.webp
    024.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 023.webp
    023.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 025.webp
    025.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 026.webp
    026.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 179
With the patent date so prominent, I would say this is not for people. Not many people would buy it and wear it with that inside.

The patent date can only date an item to that date or later. I'm not sure how long a patent lasted back then but all the buckles made under that patent would have that date no matter when they were made. So it cannot be older than 1879.


Daryl
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom