What's new

Buckle ID, age?

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a buckle dug by Arkie here the other day. Both sides are pictured. Made of brass, copper? No writing on it that i can tell. Any idea on its use and age.
 

Attachments

  • Buckle-1.webp
    Buckle-1.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 369
  • Buckle-2.webp
    Buckle-2.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 355
  • Buckle-3.webp
    Buckle-3.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 355
bump

Nuthin guys? :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
I dunno... it has a two piece folked tongue... and I've never seen a buckle quite like it... :coffee2:

Good luck!
 
Upvote 0
Not sure but check out rev. war buckles. I have seen similar ones from that time frame.
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
I dunno... it has a two piece folked tongue... and I've never seen a buckle quite like it... :coffee2:

Good luck!

Thanks MJ, I'm gonna keep looking. I haven't found none like it yet on the net.

DirtyMike said:
Not sure but check out rev. war buckles. I have seen similar ones from that time frame.

I can't see it being that old, being that it was found in western Arkansas. Stranger things have happened though.



Hey Buckleboy, you've dug a ton of relics. Seen anything like it?
 
Upvote 0
Just thought I'd bump this up for some of the newer members. Any ideas.
 
Upvote 0
That's a strange one. From the way it's made. I'd say it's 1800's.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom