What's new

Buckle

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
3,860
Reaction score
1,939
Golden Thread
3
Location
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac

Nokta marko simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking this was off a saddle but not sure.
Found in the woods at the 1860's site.
 

Attachments

  • buckle 001.webp
    buckle 001.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 210
  • buckle 002.webp
    buckle 002.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 241
  • buckle 003.webp
    buckle 003.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 250
I think its part of a horse's watering bit.
 
Upvote 0
DirtyMike said:
I think its part of a horse's watering bit.
I wouldn't know what a watering bit was. This is 3 inches across and the stem 3 1/4.
 
Upvote 0
I am thinking it is a cinch ring off of a saddle,been around horses my entire life and never heard of a watering bit?
 
Upvote 0
I believe they call that a broken bit. If so you just have half of it.
 
Upvote 0
Ah<never heard a snaffle bit called a "watering bit",They are very common I use one all the time........but I dont think it is part of a bit at all,if it is it broke perfect in the middle of the center loop and the bar matches perfectly in diameter to the other side of the ring......cinch ring.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks to all of you for your replies. Snaffle bit. Thanks Montana Jim.
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Ah<never heard a snaffle bit called a "watering bit",They are very common I use one all the time........but I dont think it is part of a bit at all,if it is it broke perfect in the middle of the center loop and the bar matches perfectly in diameter to the other side of the ring......cinch ring.
I thought it could be a cinch ring but it has been streched to 3 1/4 one way and would not of held up as a cinch ring.
 
Upvote 0
rodgerdodger said:
kuger said:
Ah<never heard a snaffle bit called a "watering bit",They are very common I use one all the time........but I dont think it is part of a bit at all,if it is it broke perfect in the middle of the center loop and the bar matches perfectly in diameter to the other side of the ring......cinch ring.
I thought it could be a cinch ring but it has been streched to 3 1/4 one way and would not of held up as a cinch ring.
If it is a snaffle you should be able to tell where it is broken at the loop. If not, I would agree with kuger that it is a buckle.
 
Upvote 0
scratcher said:
rodgerdodger said:
kuger said:
Ah<never heard a snaffle bit called a "watering bit",They are very common I use one all the time........but I dont think it is part of a bit at all,if it is it broke perfect in the middle of the center loop and the bar matches perfectly in diameter to the other side of the ring......cinch ring.
I thought it could be a cinch ring but it has been streched to 3 1/4 one way and would not of held up as a cinch ring.
If it is a snaffle you should be able to tell where it is broken at the loop. If not, I would agree with kuger that it is a buckle.
Exactly :wink: :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom