What's new

Buckle??

alabamajoe

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Does anyone know if this is a buckle of some type and if so what age. The other is a hook and I think the round one is a railcar seal.
 

Attachments

  • 11-28-2009 01;34;47PM.webp
    11-28-2009 01;34;47PM.webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 304
  • 11-28-2009 01;29;17PM.webp
    11-28-2009 01;29;17PM.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 11-28-2009 01;31;01PM.webp
    11-28-2009 01;31;01PM.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 247
The fancy one looks like it came off a set of suspenders or garter belt. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
diggummup said:
The fancy one looks like it came off a set of suspenders or garter belt. :dontknow:
:icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
diggummup said:
The fancy one looks like it came off a set of suspenders or garter belt. :dontknow:
:icon_thumright:
the second hook is a civil war period field pack hook and the round piece is a lead seal and from the letters I can see it is probably from a railroad.
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
CRUSADER said:
diggummup said:
The fancy one looks like it came off a set of suspenders or garter belt. :dontknow:
:icon_thumright:
the second hook is a civil war period field pack hook and the round piece is a lead seal and from the letters I can see it is probably from a railroad.

Yeap, I see the RR on the Lead Seal, so just need to work out the 2 letter before of the company name.
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
does the suspender clip have a date
We have dug that type of suspender buckles in 1855- sites
 
Upvote 0
Yea,these are usually dated,and I think the one in question is as well,right above the "pointy",things?
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom