What's new

Buckle?

ALAMOTX

Full Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Found this near a 1878 house.

Is this some kind of buckle, age?

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • ebay 003.webp
    ebay 003.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 277
think its more like a handle to something :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
I think it might be the handle from a milk can.
 
Upvote 0
It's what I would say wash tub beat me by a few secs.! ;D Find alot of them around here anyway if you get around homes of the early 1900's. Even got a few still around now and days! :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • Johnny in tub2[1].webp
    Johnny in tub2[1].webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0
This is one of those items that was used on many, many things, past and present. From tubs, to door knockers to buckets, to old washing items to trunks, to.............lots of stuff.

Its a great handle design.

Beth
 
Upvote 0
timekiller said:
It's what I would say wash tub beat me by a few secs.! ;D Find alot of them around here anyway if you get around homes of the early 1900's. Even got a few still around now and days! :thumbsup:
:laughing7: :laughing7:

Put some clothes on Pete...you'll freeze :laughing9:...Looks like a handle to me to :-\

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
timekiller said:
It's what I would say wash tub beat me by a few secs.! ;D Find alot of them around here anyway if you get around homes of the early 1900's. Even got a few still around now and days! :thumbsup:
:laughing7: :laughing7:

Put some clothes on Pete...you'll freeze :laughing9:...Looks like a handle to me to :-\

SS
You like that do ya? :D I thought it was cute and a good way to show the handle! :thumbsup: With a name like Jonny I'm glad they blocked him from the waist down :laughing7: We have used them tubs for oysters from time to time in the past!
Take Care SS! :hello:
 
Upvote 0
I am pretty sure this is a saddle related buckle. I cant remember the name though. Its a buckle that the strap that goes under the horse is connected and tightened down by.
 
Upvote 0
I agree with the utility handle. :icon_thumright:

Dirty Mike, you are thinking of the Cinch ring, but most I've seen are either circular, D-shaped, or square.
 
Upvote 0
I hope that's not the same tub lil Peter just used :o :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom