fireford10

Apr 4, 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
video of easter picking up kids 014.JPG I found this on a quick 30 minute hunt today. It hit really high and other brass items hit the same tone. I only assume its brass. How would i go about cleaning it, or shoud i? It was about 10 inches deep, along an old bayou that has been a park for decades. There are several houses in the area built in 1940s. Could be some sort of horse buckle?? or am i way off? Im a rookie, have mercy on me, lol

OP
OP
F

fireford10

Apr 4, 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its approximatly 3-3.5" on straight side. 2.5-3" from mid of straight side to mid curved side

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

fireford10

Apr 4, 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats what i was thinking. Is there any way to date these things?? This part of the city has been residential forever, and theres a 4lane hwy 30yrds from bayou and they run parallel its whole length, about 6 miles. The history behind my finds is what really intriuges me, its not their worth, or rarity, for the most part....just the story behind them. And i understand that most of the time with out extensive research it will most likely remain a mystery. Thanks for opinion!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions