BuckleBoy
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Jun 12, 2006
- Messages
- 18,159
- Reaction score
- 9,723
- Golden Thread
- 4
- Location
- Moonlight and Magnolias
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 4
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
I'd like to figure out what the heck this thing is before I make my post of finds late tonight. Any ideas about the function of this buckle, or an age range for it would be wonderful. The little "barbs" on the crosspiece I don't recognize, and I don't know what they were for.
Shown below is the front, back, and a close-up of the detail of the buckle. When I found it, it was bent into a little ball (which was no easy feat, considering how much force it took to restore it to its former shape).
-Buckles



I'd like to figure out what the heck this thing is before I make my post of finds late tonight. Any ideas about the function of this buckle, or an age range for it would be wonderful. The little "barbs" on the crosspiece I don't recognize, and I don't know what they were for.
Shown below is the front, back, and a close-up of the detail of the buckle. When I found it, it was bent into a little ball (which was no easy feat, considering how much force it took to restore it to its former shape).
-Buckles












