BUCKLEBOYS TREASUREMOBILE RIP

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a bit of misfortune here in Louisville this past week I will try to make it as brief as possible. A dear part of Buckleboys and Kindafoundabuckles detecting family went to the big hunt in the sky a few days ago. Its sad to say and is said with a very heavy heart that the treasuremobile died. :'( BB called me telling me that the car just quit pulling and was parked on the side of I-264. I went and picked BB up and when we arrived on the scene I checked it out. I did all I could for it. I even gave it a few units of transmission fluid to ease its suffering. I pronounced it dead at 9:48 Friday night. Cause of death was massive failure of the automatic transmissions torque converter. RIP my old dear friend.

The 1991 Mercury Tracer was born in Dearborn Michigan and lived most of its life here in Louisville. There were two owners before KFB saved it from a junkyard a few years ago where he and his wife drove it on a daily basis. It was then transferred over to BB and he got several months of use out of it before past away.

BB don't be sad just remember the good times. Like taking it where most 4x4 trucks would be afraid to go. All the detecting trips it took us on and got us back safely. (barely) The awesome stereo that never worked. All the comments you got on the wrecked front end. The strut I replaced that almost took your life. Me ripping part of the door trim off and throwing it in my driveway. I said hey Will theres part of your car! And my favorite of all is the only reason that car ran was because of a repair I made when I first saved it from the crusher with duct tape. I could go on and on.

Please all members of Tnet post your sympathies for BB here or send him a PM. It is his time of need so lets all be there for him.

KFB

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear this BB

One of my Biggest fears is my JIMMY giving up.

It's right up there with my Detector & Computer.

the 3 Loves of my Life.

Good Luck Man !
Jeff

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ole blue --- my (according to the wife )-- dirty smelly beater hunting/ fishing and metal detecting mobile ---a 1992 chevy pick up with lots of miles and several beats and bangs in it --- sends his deepest heart felt condolances.

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
My treasuremobile "sheila" (I named her that because her voice sounds like the tank from red VS Blue) sends her deepest condolences
HH,
Donny

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
So very sorry to hear of you loss. I know how I would feel if I lost my poor Johnny Boy Jeep....He has taken me places no one ever dared before and I cant imagine life without him.
Maybe you will be able to rescue another and train it to become as great of Treasuremobile as this poor one.

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Tr 66 Goldmaster,,Whites Tr Coinmaster 4,,Fisher 220x,,, WHITES 6000 DI SERIES 3,,WHITES 6000 DI series 2,,,Whites 6000d,,,whites Sl PRO,,, Whites XLT,, Whites dfx,, Quickdraw2,coinmaster 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys: Sorry about the Loss, this reminds me of my old 1991 Toyota Corola,,The Beast,, She sits out in the drive now, 245,000 miles on her,, dirty rusted,,the kids are embarassed to ride in her<G> She sits out there beside all the shinny new Rides that belong to the kids & better half,, But,, She is the only one that Will get out of here when it snows ;D,,, When we get ready to go into town my 13 year old Daughter always asks, ::),,,Dad we aren't gonna take your car are we??? 8) :-[ :-[ ;D ;D The beast always starts always runs,gets better milage than anything on the place,Id miss her to if she were gone!!,best $300.00 I ever spent five years ago,,hey maybe a New tranny??
Les

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. No new transmission for this one. In this dark world of ours, yet another light has gone out.

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll make a deal with you on my wifes car if you want to take over her payments.Could possibly make a deal on her too, take over my payments. ;D
Sorry to hear about your loss.

kybowhunter

Feb 22, 2006
Detector(s) used
F75 / M6 / Cortes
My Expedition would send a card, but unfortunately ol' Red is currently on life support at the local service garage... I'm stranded at home, too bad there isn't a park withing walking distance.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Sorry for your loss Buckles & KFB... I am deeply troubled... :(

tombstone.jpg

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hill Billy said:
I'll make a deal with you on my wifes car if you want to take over her payments.Could possibly make a deal on her too, take over my payments. ;D
Sorry to hear about your loss.

LOL! The trade in value of that Tracer should go along way towards that deal--on the CAR, that is :D :D

Kybowhunter--looks like everyone is having car trouble--right in the middle of the fall relic-huntin' "window"! This sucks! You, Foxhound, Rodeo Recon, and myself are all wheel-less.

I've got research leads just begging to be checked out on-site...I'll rent a car for a detectin' trip if I have to. I wonder if they'd complain about 50 lbs. of rusted iron in the trunk when I return it...

;)

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim,

Don't forget...I have two feet AND a thumb!

Buckles.jpg

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
BuckleBoy said:
Montana Jim,

Don't forget...I have two feet AND a thumb!

Carefull BB you almost left without your detector :o ;D

HH,
Donny

Attachments

• indexCA0HXP7D.JPG
    indexCA0HXP7D.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 246

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO! Thanks! I've never forgotten the detector before, but I have forgotten the diggin tools!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, Kindafoundabuckle's response to the dead car was HILARIOUS! First he started kicking the *$&@# out of and then he tried CPR by jumping up and down repeatedly on the hood and top! If I'd had my camera... LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread