Buckles 2018

Bryan1776

Jan 1, 2019
Ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES MX SPORT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as the weather is to cold for me to dig, you guys get to look at my finds from last year;) Today is Buckles.
The big one at the top I found in a 1820 house in Salem NH. The on at the bottom" I didn't get a good focus on it" Has a Pat. date of 1820, Found it in Peabody Ma. The top left was out of an old church near my home, I cant make the name other then H****K Bronze.
The bottom right is I think a suspender clip from H&P Make ? Pat. date May 2 1800, was sliver plated. The upper right one I found at a really old house on the back roads to Cincinnati, I was only there for 30min. to cold that day to, found a wheat penny, a few pop tabs and the buckle. Home owner said a lot of people had hunted it.. proves nothing is really hunted out!! Again thanks for all the info you guys have been sending me on my finds. I'd really like to what the one in the middle is? There was another clip on it, Suspender clasp for across the back? Last year was me first year and I'm climbing the walls to get back out there again!!

Attachments

• IMG_6219.JPG
    IMG_6219.JPG
    848 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6220.JPG
    IMG_6220.JPG
    582.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6221.JPG
    IMG_6221.JPG
    639.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6222.JPG
    IMG_6222.JPG
    876.2 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 14
Those are some nice relics would make a cool little display. Well done thanks for sharing them Tommy

Nice buckles, the H&P I think is the nicest, great recoveries & congratulations on all

You probably know this but the two pronged piece in the lower right is a chape from a 1700's shoe buckle or maybe a knee buckle if I had to guess. Nice find!

Nice collection Bryan, keep up the good work!!! "D"

Very nice collection of buckles.

The H&P buckle is great, Classic early 1900’s.
Did you find the piece with the cordage still attached with that buckle?

Nice collection of buckles, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back