Buckles and musketballs .... (site revisted!)

Mr. Magoo

Feb 5, 2007
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had an opportunity to meet up with another fellow TNET detectorist to hunt the field where I found that beautiful colonial silver buckle and musketballs. First target of the day nailed a buckle and then lots of tractor trash and odd iron signals. The targets were very elusive on this 400 acre field. Brendan was overwhelmed by the sheer size of the field but hurriedly started detecting. About an hour into the hunt the first musketball came to light then more tractor parts and old chain. Then Brendan hit a british dropped musketball and it sure seemed like that was all we were going to dig. As we were on our way back to the car I crossed the field in an area I hadn't detected before and two musketballs came out about 20 feet apart (one french and another british). I yelled for Brendon and told him to scour the area and five minutes later sure enough the ground gave up a colonial buckle! We did a happy dance and kept going. Nothing more than shotgun shells and bits of metal here and there ended a beautiful fall day. Great hunt, great finds and a great time! Thanks for looking!

P.S. I have included a pic of making on back of silver buckle from the other day. It is definitely a lion!

Attachments

• buckles (2).jpg
    buckles (2).jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 579
  • lion.jpg
    lion.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 568
Upvote 0

Brendan M.

Apr 14, 2006
Warrensburg, New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Bullseye II pinpointer, Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for taking me out there today, bud. I had a blast, and it's really nice to meet up with a kindred spirit. Looking forward to hitting the dirt with you again soon!

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging old targets gives you a chance, that's all I ever ask for. And a coffee, I suppose! :D

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could already see it was a Lion :D

Top Member Reactions