What's new

Buckles, clasps, ?????

marbles57

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA1000 & Garrett Ace 350
Here I go again. These were all found at a calvary redoubt. They are all brass. The first one is 1 1/8" by 2 5/8". The 2nd is 7/8 x 2 1/4. The 3rd is 3/4" x 15/16", this one I have thought was on an enlisted man's cap, one on each side. Thanks

 

Attachments

  • 003 (445x640).webp
    003 (445x640).webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 239
:read2:

Bottom two look like Belt/Strap adjusters, from what era :dontknow:

SS
 
Upvote 0
I beleive the bottom one is off of a Kepi hat,and the middle one is what is used on Two piece buckles as a slack adjuster
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
I beleive the bottom one is off of a Kepi hat,and the middle one is what is used on Two piece buckles as a slack adjuster

100% correct. The bottom two are certainly tied to the CW era. The top one is a piece of horse tack, I think.
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
I beleive the bottom one is off of a Kepi hat,and the middle one is what is used on Two piece buckles as a slack adjuster

Amen! Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom