What's new

Buffalo Bill coin

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
376
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this today close to a standing liberty quarter near a large tree and need some info on it. The front says NATIONAL HEROES BUFFALO BILL 1846-1917 and the back says MAZUMA PLAY MONEY with a 10 in the middle. I thought at first is was a half dime but after cleaning I found this. It measures 11/16" in diameter.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01476.webp
    DSC01476.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 709
  • DSC01477.webp
    DSC01477.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 437
  • DSC01476.webp
    DSC01476.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC01477.webp
    DSC01477.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 353
It appears to be the obvious...

Old play money from an amusement park or fairground/carnival.

Very cool find :headbang: I love finding play money and tokens. Matter of fact, I keep most of them.

I never saw a token like yours before. Do a google search. Some of the older and rarer ones are worth a few bucks.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom