What's new

Buffalo nickel in a rock, and gold

Kapidr

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2014
Messages
352
Reaction score
351
Golden Thread
0
Location
By the sea
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went out with friends today and dug every target that didn't completely null. The quarter may be silver, it's the right color, cleaning it now. The Buffalo nickel is encased in a rock of concretion. Very cool! Not touching that one, it's going in the display case as it is. The ring was deep and likely next to an iron target as it sounded broken and iffy. Glad I dug it!

Great day :) A few finds 10-9-15.webpBuffalo 10-9-15.webp
 
Upvote 34
Nice finds! I would most certainly leave that nickel alone too! It is very cool.
 
AWESOME finds! I love the buffalo nickel!
 
a rock, a buffalo nickel.......and a sea shell? is that what im looking at???? crazy!!
 
Awesome hunt! Congrats on the gold!!
TFS and HH
 
KAPI YOURE ON A ROLL , NICE FINDS YOU GOT THERE ...
 
Yes, keep the nickel in the rock! I think it would make a great display/conversation piece.

aj
 
Nice piece of art. I wouldn't change it... Congrats on a good hunt!
 
that is cool.
 
Very Cool! Any idea what Type of Quarter that is? Washington, Standing?

That Rock and Nickel is awesome
 
Very Cool! Any idea what Type of Quarter that is? Washington, Standing?

That Rock and Nickel is awesome

Oddly enough it turned out to be a 1979 clad quarter, weird how it turned purple :)
 
I'm digging the Buffalo nickel. Congratulations
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom