Buffalo nickel, tax tokens, Barber dime, and help identify.

rodo717

Greenie
Mar 6, 2015
Arizona
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For little over a year, I have been viewing treasurenet. I think it is truly amazing some of the finds that are shared and posted. I look forward to reading about your adventures and viewing the pictures that you post. As a result of your sharing your stories, I have begun to metal detect and I find that it is a very enjoyable hobby. This is my first post.

I metal detected a park close to where I live and I dug some interesting finds. I found a few wheat pennies, two tax tokens, a buffalo nickel, and a Barber dime! Additionally, I found a medal of some sort. It appeared to be made of brass and I believe that at one point it had a pin on the back. Any help identifying this item would be greatly appreciated.

In closing, please keep posting your finds. It helps others, like myself, realize how exciting this hobby is and gives me hope in finding some of the great items that you have found and posted.

Thank you.

101_7606.JPG101_7608.JPG101_7610.JPG

Upvote 3
Last edited:
Congratulations on the finds! Welcome to the hobby :)

Nice finds looks like you're of to a good start welcome to the forum...

congrats on the great finds

Most definitely ARMY 25th infantry regiment. Korean war maybe?

Pointman and trdking,

Thank you for the reply. You indicated that the medal might be 25th regiment. I did a little research and I found that this medal may have belonged to a Buffalo Soldier. I looked on one of the web sites and sure enough, there was a drawing of the metal (unfortunately, no photo). It looked exactly the same as the posted picture. It turns out that the Buffalo Soldiers did deploy to this area during the time of Pancho Villa. They even had an outpost on one of the nearby hills located within a few miles of town. It is amazing that this medal may have belonged to one of them!

It is nice to know that when I have a question about something I find, this forum has the experts to help.

Thank you.

Nice variety of finds. Finding a Barber dime on your first hunt is extremely cool. Took me a long time to find one .
Pesc

Nice finds. I like finding tax tokens. Congrats on your first Barber dime

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back