Building a Dredge and Have Questions

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the response Doc,this is a 3'' Keene crashbox o/u dredge sluice and I am trying to use Proline 3'' combo float kit but I am afraid the sluice will be too deep in the water at the end to clear,guess I'll make the long drive and test it. Wes

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was running a little on the steep side . on that particular spot there was a LOT of black sands ,the heavies were over bearing .they would pack up making the riffles useless. most streams or rivers are not that bad.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plus bear in mind that that was a very old school style keene , on a gold king frame with other Frankenstein parts as well . it looks rough as a cobb but ole' blue has done me good through the years. like i said before it is a little stronger than original.it really moves the material, have to watch out for too much hogging .esp. flow sand .

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hopefully I'm not thread jacking but this seems like a great place to ask.
I'm pretty new to dredging and don't know a lot but I'm trying.
Anyways I have an old Keene 2 inch dredge in the garage. It's pretty worn out but the pump and motor are still good. I also have a line on another Keene 2 inch that I can get very cheaply if I wanted. I don't really want another 2 inch but I saw on a few websites that there are big dredges running 2 motors. It may be a stupid question but could I run 2 motors and pumps and make a 4 inch dredge? I saw on the big dredges that some have a dual port Venturi ( I think that's what it's called ). Would this same idea work?
Any idea what other issues I may run into?
Thanks

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probably better to get a larger pump and motor ,hoser can give you better details on gpms, head , pressure etc..... but if you look around you will run across one . I would love to have a 2" I have a 4" and a couple 3"s , but I want a sniping rig. And it would be a good size for kids.Do you have the rest for a 4" ?

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
I run my 4" dredge with a 2"x2" 6.5hp Clearwater pump that pumps a max of 9600 gph. Cost me $160. I have just as much suction with it as I did with last years Keene 4". I think it depends on the jet you run. Mine probably works well because it is an infinity jet made by gold divers. Around 30 years old but works amazing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions