building custom programs do silencer filters make a difference?????????

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short answer is yes. I built 3 custom programs one from fast 4.0 filters, deep 2.0 filters, hot 3.2 filters and set them up back to back and ran them over a merc dime at 4 inchs surrounded by iron and there was a big difference in the tones... I will have the test video up tonight or tommrrow. So you should be aware from where you are building your custom programs. btw silencer was at -1 on all programs.

Last edited:

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So which program is better in heavy iron in your opinion?
Was this with the HF eleptical coil? I'm sure it would apply to any of the coils XP makes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Version 4 sounded the best to me but will have to do some more test

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
So that would be Deus Fast in V4.0
Which uses the V4.0 filters.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great. Very interested in these results. Some questions:

What was the silencer setting when you did the test?

Did you do it at different silencer settings?

Did it make a difference with silencer at -1 (if so, then the filter may be a base program or discrimination filter rather than a silencer filter)

And finally, if you did do multiple runs with high silencer settings, did you notice any depth hit?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just a quick test with -1 silencer on all 3. I didnt have time today to do the depth test might get it done tommorrow.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes hunting dog it would be, I still need to test it and see how it reacts on big iron and infested sites, I was having falsing problems the first time I tried ver 4.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just a quick test with -1 silencer on all 3. I didnt have time today to do the depth test might get it done tommorrow.

That's enough to say that this likely isn't a silencer-based filter then. It must be part of the normal target signal processing algorithm or possibly the disc filter algorithm. Need to know your disc settings. Would also like to confirm whether silencer actually does affect depth. Thanks!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-2.5, im just saying silencer filters because that whats Gary said it was . You are the tech guy all I really know is that it beeps different lol.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did the same test and I like the audio response of 4.0 best, so I'm going to be building my programs starting with Basic 1 from now on.

tabman

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah the fast program with the 4.0 seemed the to me too. I will do some depth test too when I get a chance. I will have the video up as soon as it loads its halfway done but it takes forever sometimes.

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CD: i don't understand. how can you have different filters? Or do you have 3 Deus' ?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has filters from previous versions 2.0 ,3.2 ,4.0 included in version 4 update in different preset factory programs.

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how do you/we know which filter is being used ? was that info put in the v4 manual? thanks for the heads up but i now have to rethink all my custom programs...
It has filters from previous versions 2.0 ,3.2 ,4.0 included in version 4 update in different preset factory programs.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how do you/we know which filter is being used ? was that info put in the v4 manual? thanks for the heads up but i now have to rethink all my custom programs...

See Calabash's first post above. It tells you which preset programs contain which filters. I use Deus Fast (Program 3) as the basis for all my custom programs for consistency, primarily because silencer is set at -1 which isn't true for the other preset programs and, of course, because it uses the version 4 filters. This "feature" was not documented in any of the version 4 literature provided by XP, but was revealed in one of Gary Blackwell's Deus videos released subsequent to the version 4 release. Not much is known about how these various filter versions behave, so Calabash and his awesome test garden and video production skills are here to help us understand better what the deal is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions