All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been looking for raw aluminum to do some mods on my Hi banker and found Granger...I thought they only sold safety stuff and tools....but as I have now learned I was WRONG...lol...like that never happens. Good prices too :hello2:. Anyway I thought I would pass it along, here is the link: Aluminum - Raw Materials - Grainger Industrial Supply

You may wish to add www.mcmaster.com to your list of places to find stuff. I found this one posted right here on Tnet. Tnx. TTC

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
rather than buying new material, i prefer to buy used/recycled material to save a bunch of $$$$$.with the ecconomy going crazy, the prices reflect that attitude and drive me out of the "new price" market!

Gold Cube

Feb 20, 2011
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Check out your local street department. They have aluminum signs with ripped out bolt holes that have plenty of good area for the crafty prospector.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't count on being able to make any right angle bends on street signs due to their hardened nature they will break at the bend.
I know this from experience.

Find a fabricator that will sell you their "drop" or else go to a scrap yard that will sell to the public.

GG~

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i posted this before but, these signs are of a hardened/tempered aluminum and to bend most aluminum street signs you need to aneal the area that you want to bend first.place your alum in your device youll use to bend it. used a black marker and draw your line that is tobe bent at. use a small tourch to heat that line evenly and when that black mark starts to disappear bend the alum right then!also if you want to weld this type of alum. youll need to use strips of it for your filler rod.it needs tobe of the same material to weld correctly(cheaply)i dont know of any other rod that will work right for this.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Local yokel metal shops,fab shops,suppliers locally carry leftovers at 1/10 of retail and my needs are filled that a way as they will do just about any deal for that extra $$$ from scrap leftovers-John

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ECU's art school - fabricators & material galore

Go Pirates!

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up some 10"x12" 3/16" perf panels at Industrial Metal Supply at $0.79/lb. They had aluminum sheets @ $1.79/lb. I just need some drywasher plans to go with the $50 keene blower I got before I spend the cash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread