What's new

Bullet hole large cent

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,935
Reaction score
9,274
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally got out for a hunt. The snow is a good 90% gone for now at least. I went to a new cellar hole site that I thought would produce a lot of finds. I could tell it was never hunted before but it wasn't great. I only managed some not so great relics, a jack knife, 1930 Canada penny/1920 wheat penny spill, and my favourite find of the day was the Canada Edward large cent with the bullet hole. I know not the greatest finds but I'm just happy to have finally got out after so long. Thanks for looking! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454464728.276701.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454464740.655183.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454464757.728332.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454464767.775909.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454464784.750495.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454464794.741729.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454464805.864216.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454464817.631453.webp
 
Upvote 16
Number one with a bullet!

Gives a guy hope for something better when the conditions improve, there's some good signs of finding old coins!
 
Number one with a bullet!

Gives a guy hope for something better when the conditions improve, there's some good signs of finding old coins!

I'm happy. Up one silver quarter and one large cent so far this year over last year this time. I didn't make it out till April last year it was so bad with snow and ice! [emoji106]
 
Wow...Nova Scotia...you're further north than me here in New York State and you can dig. Keep going! Your large cent reminds me of finding a coin that someone had obviously shot. I was deep in the woods that saw a lot of Rev War activity. Got home, and the coin was a 1974 Jefferson nickel! It's like finding a clad dime at an old cellar hole.

aj
 
Wow...Nova Scotia...you're further north than me here in New York State and you can dig. Keep going! Your large cent reminds me of finding a coin that someone had obviously shot. I was deep in the woods that saw a lot of Rev War activity. Got home, and the coin was a 1974 Jefferson nickel! It's like finding a clad dime at an old cellar hole.

aj

The ground was soft and tall grass was down. Just like early spring time. It probably won't last too long before the weather turns bad again but I hope it does last! [emoji106]
 
Excellent hunt,, great that you hunt at this time of the year.
Congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom