What's new

Bullet ID please

thekspapa

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2016
Messages
51
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ne oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, mine lab 305, at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found these two bullets close to location I found the button I have asked for help id'ing, in the button section. This is an area with a long history of activity(for Oklahoma anyway) early 1800's. Sorry I don't have calipers to measure so I included the tape measure. The rifling on the big bullet leads me to think its not that old, but appears to have been pulled. Any help appreciated. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468781272.101763.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468781283.303137.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468781295.205549.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468781308.923908.webp
Many thanks.
 
Looks like a modern shotgun slug
cbc3518184664e493c8318c192799dc5.jpg


HH RN
 
Here's one with a hole/hollow point
d4af5b0f412bf2ee2d4695fe6751e29b.jpg


HH RN
 
After your ID I googled shotgun slugs I think your right looks like a federal or Remington brand. Thanks.
How long does it take to get the white patina on the round ball?
 
After your ID I googled shotgun slugs I think your right looks like a federal or Remington brand. Thanks.
How long does it take to get the white patina on the round ball?
It takes a long time. I'd say the round ball is probably pretty old. It's hard to date. I go more by where it was found and the history of the site. Great find. I'd guess 100+ years from the patina

HH RN
 

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom