DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello,

I found 2 unshot bullets today while out metal detecting. I don't think they are that old. 80's or 90's.

Are they safe to move around? And have around? They are in good shape. I'd like to keep them in my trash finds bag but I'm not a gun guy and have no clue about this sort of thing.

Thanks

DesertNuggets said:
Hello,

I found 2 unshot bullets today while out metal detecting. I don't think they are that old. 80's or 90's.

Are they safe to move around? And have around? They are in good shape. I'd like to keep them in my trash finds bag but I'm not a gun guy and have no clue about this sort of thing.

Thanks

They are fine! No worries. Hell, we used to throw live 22-shells in the campfire to scare the hell out of Easterners! It heats up and the bullet pops off about a foot because there is nothing to compress the gasses and move the bullet down an enclosed barrel - just a muted "POP!" Honest, just throw 'em in the junk bag. Just don't let the dog eat 'em! - T

I find it sad that so many know so little about amunition , there is very little danger connected with any cartrige, unlesss of course you do something stupid, use common sense, they were made to be carried about. Bob

if worried pull the lead --dump the powder and replace the lead

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back