Attachments

• 100_2200a.JPG
    100_2200a.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 1,912
Upvote 0
allen said:
that thing is in awesome condition, except the bullet hole,
but in my opinion, that makes it more interesting !! :thumbsup:
Well, it certainly makes it worth more. That's a plus.

LOL! That's a hoot. Interesting thing is that it's a cartridge pouch plate. A little CSI work and I've determined that it was hit at an angle. If the soldier was wearing it slung over his shoulder, as was the custom, he'd have been hit from behind. I wondered if the impact ignited his pouch, but I doubt it.

:icon_thumright: :tongue3:JUS WHER IN DA EL WUZ DAT Confedrate Soldier aiming that rifle--LOL!!! Son, dat woulda been a righteously painful wound getting hit in dat proximity--YIKES!!!

Laying all jokes aside, that is a beautiful piece of history that you've found there...CONGRATS AND KEEP ON TECTING UP A STORM!!! Now, if you could just find that piece the bullet popped out-LOL!!!

DirtDigler said:
Happy Birthday to me! Found on 9/23 last year. After turning on my detector and setting it down to get my shovel, it registered a strong signal. I put my shovel to work and 4" later... Voila! My first plate and it happens to be bullet-struck to boot. Now that's what I call beginner's luck.

Ouch! Can you imagine? What an incredible piece of history.

even though it might be considered damaged by some, I think its better than a complete one, tells a story & brings home the reality of War :icon_thumright:

DirtDigler said:
Happy Birthday to me! Found on 9/23 last year. After turning on my detector and setting it down to get my shovel, it registered a strong signal. I put my shovel to work and 4" later... Voila! My first plate and it happens to be bullet-struck to boot. Now that's what I call beginner's luck.
And yes... it's for sale!

DirtDigler said:
DirtDigler said:
And yes... it's for sale!

How much?

that thing has seen combat i would say,that makes it way cool congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back