What's new

Bullet?

richm

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this a bullet and if so how old is it? Thanks..Rich.
 

Attachments

  • bullet.webp
    bullet.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 485
  • bullet2.webp
    bullet2.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 475
  • bullet3.webp
    bullet3.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 487
Wish it were that easy. Most spent rounds you can glance at and say bullet. But this one is funny and it’s aggravating the fire out of me that I can’t put my finger on it. But something just doesn’t look right for whatever reason. Maybe I’m just getting old, dunno.
 
Upvote 0
Sheepwolf, Kimber is just another maker of Browing's 1911. They use the same RH twist as do all 1911 makers. The rifling is RH to aid in cases clearing the ejection port as mentioned earlier. Gun goes up and to the left on firing. This lets cases get clear more easily to avoid smokestack jams.
 
Upvote 0
DigginThePast said:
.45 ACP (Automatic Colt Production). Not .45 Colt or Long Colt if you insist.

I've seen all kinds of bullet deformities.

Uhhhh.....its not " Automatic Colt Production".
Its " Automatic Colt Pistol"......... ;D ;D

TiredIron
 
Upvote 0
I've even heard it called: Automatic Centerfire Pistol. But I go with "Colt" too.

OT
 
Upvote 0
TiredIron said:
DigginThePast said:
.45 ACP (Automatic Colt Production). Not .45 Colt or Long Colt if you insist.

I've seen all kinds of bullet deformities.

Uhhhh.....its not " Automatic Colt Production".
Its " Automatic Colt Pistol"......... ;D ;D

TiredIron

Yup, you are correct. I usually catch my errors by reading my posts out load, if I just read them I'll see what I want there when its not. :D

But then, reading all those posts out loud can freak out those around me. :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom