• dontknow3.jpg
    dontknow3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 320

kracer55

May 4, 2010
Spotsylvania VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be a duct cleat, we called the drive slips but anyway...if the house in question had ducts that ran up or maybe down the wall through the studs this looks like it would be about the right length.

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
kracer55 said:
It could be a duct cleat, we called the drive slips but anyway...if the house in question had ducts that ran up or maybe down the wall through the studs this looks like it would be about the right length.

You're right...I'm use to seeing the large ones on bigger ductwork...It seems it would fit a duct that fit in a stud bay...
All the more reason for me thinking it's a duct cleat...or as you call 'em...drive slips

Upvote 0

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copperhead said:
kracer55 said:

You're right...I'm use to seeing the large ones on bigger ductwork...It seems it would fit a duct that fit in a stud bay...
All the more reason for me thinking it's a duct cleat...or as you call 'em...drive slips

I thought it was for ductwork also, just never saw a copper one before.

Upvote 0

SgtJim

Mar 13, 2010
Upper New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett
It looks like a wooden handled copper rake sleeve that held the pronges. The top is the folded part the bottom is were the pronges were attached. Had to go outside the boxes on this one.

Jim :hello:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions