What's new

Bullet

boondocker

Full Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
236
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac
Whites XLT
I found this bullet yesterday. Just wondering if it’s Civil War era. I looks like it has rifling marks on it, and the base is solid across the bottom.
Thanks for you help,
Dean
 

Attachments

  • FF27940B-9BC9-4C2C-84ED-32DF0BC7CECC.webp
    FF27940B-9BC9-4C2C-84ED-32DF0BC7CECC.webp
    210.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 051291A5-2BB3-4639-96F8-9133FE887D89.webp
    051291A5-2BB3-4639-96F8-9133FE887D89.webp
    181.4 KB · Views: 88
Yes, it looks like a .52 Sharps bullet.
 
Upvote 0
Yes, it looks like a .52 Sharps bullet.

Yes, or what I would call a 'Richmond Sharps ' , I've only dug 1 of that type in all my time.

Nice ....I assume it does measure .52 cal.
 
Upvote 0
Very nice find, congrats!!!
 
Upvote 0
Thanks so much for the info. I was very excited to see this come out of the hole, I usually find musket balls in this neck of the woods. My first CW era bullet����
 
Upvote 0
Cool find and great Id as always
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Bullet
Replies
5
Views
861

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom