BULLETS HORSESHOE gettin the hang of it

Atlantian

Jan 28, 2009
Sandy Springs, G.A.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, My eyes
Well the last post I did I got lots of great advice... If I didn't thank you through a PM I would just like to say thanks now... It's been great finally got the hang of it... I found lots of neat stuff in an hour today want to know how old the bullets might be one type is a 12 Guage it reads U.M.C. CO. then say No. 12 on the bottom says NEW CLUB ... next was a bullet said PETERS .38 S & W and the small ones had an F and may have a little imprint or not that read 22 but I tried cleaning it but I may have rubbed it away... Also found this horse shoe had a two nails it was worn down pretty good... I hunted a park got the change yesturday and most the junk ... I liked hunting the woods by my house along the creek there wasn't hardly any junk... I found all the small bullets on a rock I guess where someone unloaded there new gun or got drunk I don't know only had an hour didn't get to search the area very good... Anyone got a clue about the bullets age wise I don't think there very old but maybe ... Oh yea theres a wiskey bottle I found said Old Quaker 1940s or 50s I think and that piece of cup and plate from 1900's these were found somewhere else but I didn't have posted on my last post... Anyways Thanks Info if anyone knows bout the bullet shells

Attachments

• all.JPG
    all.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 352
  • bullets.JPG
    bullets.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 334
  • horseshou.JPG
    horseshou.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 337
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you're doing great :thumbsup: Good finds! Keep it up!

HH!
TBGO

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep on diggin,,,,,nice

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
KEPT ON HUNTING YOU ARE DOING GREAT.NICE FINDS. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Atlantian

Atlantian

Jan 28, 2009
Sandy Springs, G.A.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, My eyes
Yep I found em the shotgun shells have a large date range from late 1800s to early 1900s then the other bullets seem to be early 1900s WOW these are pretty old and I just went down to the creek behind my house... After I went to the local historian office and looked up the old maps and peoples info around where I lived... I also live where they did some archeaology research and found that Creek Indian (I may be wrong about the Creek ) but Indians lived in these rock homes which are ledges that make a bit of shelter Idon't know if that is what I found but they looked similiar then I found all the bullets pretty cool day I'm going to get a sifter next weekend and go through the sand by the rock shelters see if I can find some Indian artifacts ... Thanks everyone I'm going to search there more thouroghly maybe I'll pull out some silver coins oh that would be nice

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it up man. Finds are looking better each post. You have some good hunting area there. Keep diggin. :thumbsup: The ole ace is payin off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread