bunch of pre 64 nickles

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
The wife and I run a paintball shop, and the other day a young man came in and purchased so airsoft bbs for 20 bucks all in nickles, i was pretty exicited....as we went throu the roles i first found a 64 and then a 59, that was in the first role, the second turned up another 64 and a 58 and a 40....was startin to get real excited..hopin for a war nickle....well as it turned out we ended up with 12-64, 1-63, 1-61, 3-60, 3-59, 4-58, 1-57, 1-56, 2-53, and the 40. damn not a single war nickle....but i was pleased to see that these werent even searched...we also got a 60 canadian, and a bunch of the 2004 nickles....all in all it was great fun burning throu those roles...now i have to go back throu them and see if i can find any valuable coins.
just thought i would share that with everyone.
keep swingin
lgp

Upvote 0

krumb

Mar 3, 2005
WA
I just found my first war nickel in the last few months. I was combing through loads of change hunting for wheats and found a war nickle. I didn't even realize what it was at first. The mint mark really stood out, I did some research and it panned out. ;D

Felt pretty good until I get a call from one of my brothers that works at a video store. He called me up and said that he found an unusual dime.......turns out it was a mercury :o. Man was I jealous.

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
1964 was one of the largest mintages for nickels. Over 1 Billion nickels were minted that year in Philadelphia and over 1.7 Billion were minted in Denver. No other year had mintages of even 3,000,000 until 1971. That is why they are one of the most common dates to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread