Bunkers near Bw8 and ship channel

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Has anyone been here...I've noticed it before but until now just figured what used to be there.
What is it from, and has anyone detected down there?
This link will point google earth to the right spot..

http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/download.php?Number=385688
I've tried to get info but haven't found anything out..there was an old train station too...is it from WW2.. ???battle of San Jacinto ???
Did cavemen build them?
:P

EDIT* mods, maybe I put it in the wrong section, should it go under "X marks the spot"?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 794

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
The area was an ordanace depot ( amunition ) during WW2 and probably b4. Now operated by the Port of Houston Authority. No trespassing STRICTLY Inforced. would doubt any ammo is left out there, but you never know. HH Gayle

OP
OP
syko

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
ahhh...that's what it was. :) I've been wondering for a good while what in the world that used to be. Looks like it's a cool place
to check out but I ain't looking to get busted. Would be cool if they would open it up. Wonder how it looked b4 all those trees took over. ???

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Thats a majore piece of realestate to still be tied up reckon its still empty??

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
I used to live verrrry near that yellow pin on the top right corner of the above posted map. That whole area is full of Texas history including Lorenzo DeZavala's home and burial site near the grain elevator located on the right side of the map. The last time I was at those bunkers was due having to put out a car fire of a stolen car that was dumped and torched. That was years ago. Most of those building are pre WWII. My grandparents owned a home they rented off DeZavala Road. A kid dug up an old doll that he showed me but threw away. The same kind of doll was on display at the San Jacinto Monument a few years later. Never got to hunt there but plan to when I get back to God's Country. TMAN...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread