Buried gold in tonto creek area

canyon

Feb 11, 2006
New to the forum, wondering if anyone has any info about a manmade cave and buried treasure in the tonto creek area of payson az
An old man told me he was brought there by the person who stole it but he was to old to get it out. He relayed all he knew to me and I found the cave but I need info on whether it has already been found or not so I don't waste my time. thanks Canyon

Weazel

Jan 26, 2006
Covington, GA
The adventure alone would be worth your time (IMHO) and if you find it then even better. I would say go for it, what have you got to lose.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
If you already found the cave, then why not look for it??? I wouldnt consider that a waste of time. Tell ya what ,if it will make you feel better.....Send me the directions and I will tell you whether its a waste of time or not ;) ;)

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
canyon:
I know of three caves in the area!
Two of them are West & Southwest of "Rye" :P
One is southwest of Payson, aways down the " Rim " ! 8)
Is what you are looking for a "bandit" cache/stash ? ???

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe these guys know where it is at?

Attachments

• tonto basin.jpg
    tonto basin.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,233

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
diggummup said:

Wow is that an excellent photo!
;) And you know there's a story behind it! Maybe i'll start a contest.Guess what this photo is actually! It's pretty good.I'll think about how to go about it. :) :)

OP
OP
C

canyon

Feb 11, 2006
Interesting picture I doubt they would be having a photo op if they were running from the law.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
diggummup said:
gypsyheart said:
diggummup said:

Wow is that an excellent photo!
;) And you know there's a story behind it! Maybe i'll start a contest.Guess what this photo is actually! It's pretty good.I'll think about how to go about it. :) :)

I am thinking I already know where that photo is taken from....so roll that contest Diggummup!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
canyon said:
Interesting picture I doubt they would be having a photo op if they were running from the law.
No your right.Sorry about that,I just couldn't resist.The photo is from the Tonto Basin area.There's one guy in it who is especially famous,but not infamous.I can't offer you any insight as to whether or not the gold cache has been recovered or not,with public knowledge.In saying that, i'm sure that not all caches of treasure or gold or whatever are ever reported.So,if it were me,I think i'd waste the time and effort to at least check it out.What could it hurt? That's just my humble opinion.Good luck!!!!! :) -diggummup

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When entering caves and mines, look out for snakes and bats. Was there any treasures found?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread