Dirty WhiteBoy

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
Re: Busybody: " You're diggin up the park!"

Rd2nowr said:
I've had this happen once. I pulled my Badge and ID ( I'm a reserve deputy) and asked what THEIR problem was? Never so much as another word! Sometimes it pays to get some LE training under your belt. Tim

Rd2nowr...It's cool how that badge solves your problem everytime and quickly too! God bless ya man! My father is a retired St. Lou P.D. It pays to have that badge over your belt! :thumbsup: Keep flippin that badge! ;D

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other

You need to wear a pie-tin in the back of your pants as a boot protector. Also when this happens again just kick his shell adze so he doesn't waste so much of your time and patience ;D ;D
Tom in Pinellas

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SWR said:
LOL…you guys are cracking me up with these “abuse the citizen” scenarios and fabricating stories of woo.

Unfortunately, you are also adding cannon fodder to an already existing problem of bad PR.

Yes, and it's a Public forum. :-[

OP
OP
Dirty WhiteBoy

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used

SWR said:
LOL…you guys are cracking me up with these “abuse the citizen” scenarios and fabricating stories of woo.

Unfortunately, you are also adding cannon fodder to an already existing problem of bad PR.

Fabricating huh? What's your deal? The citizen was abusing me SWR, you twisted that all to hell! I guess some like to be led down the primrose path in life...Good luck to ya! :-* And by the way, What exactly have you done for PR? Why do you call me a liar? Some citizens just suck...that's all there is to it, and I don't bow down to them or you!

OP
OP
Dirty WhiteBoy

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used

tomclark said:
You need to wear a pie-tin in the back of your pants as a boot protector. Also when this happens again just kick his shell adze so he doesn't waste so much of your time and patience ;D ;D
Tom in Pinellas

Bravo to you Tom! :thumbsup:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Ian in SF: Interesting post about your SF (GGP) experience. I too have hunted many many hours there, right in front of gardeners, without a problem. Yes, they sort of glance your way, to make sure you're not leaving a mess, but then pay you no mind, as long as you're not a nuisance. But what makes this interesting, is: What do you think would happen if you walked into city hall or the park's dept. headquarters, and asked "can I dig for coins in GGP?". What do you think their answer would be?

So the moral of this story? ::)

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

I was detecting in a small park in a very small town near here and the park maintainence guy/water plant operator/lawn mower (and probably the mayor too) come up to me and started in that I wasn't supposed to be there. I just started a conversation with him about how they used to show movies in the park when my parents were kids and it turns out his dad was the guy that showed the movies, lol. He ended up telling me that I could go ahead and hunt but I wouldn't find anything 'cause a 1000 other guys had already been there. I pulled out a nice little green indian head and smiled and said "they didn't get it all". We ended up having a nice little chat about the good old days and he put me on to a couple of other place to go look including the original location of a town that was completely wiped out by a flood in the 1800's.
I could tell when he walked across the street he was ready to rip into me about digging but knowing a little history about the place and being able to have a conversation with him made all the difference in the world. There seems to always be a little history associated with an old park and it pays to know it sometimes. I prefer to handle things as pleasently as possible and I seem to catch more flys with honey then vinigar. On the flip side of the coin I have no problem telling someone who just wants to bully me out of the park to buggar off. I hate people that have little or no authority trying to be "in charge" and telling me what I can or cannot do.
Anyway, good job standing up for yourself and keep it up. The more people like this get put in their place the better off the rest of us are. Maybe he won't harrass the next guy he sees detecting the park now.

HH Charlie

George (MN)

May 16, 2005

BucleBoy, do you know how I can find the post that says an angry detectorist got all the Louisville parks closed to detecting? We were told of the ban in many posts, but not much about the reason(s).

Louisville has an organization that protects & promotes most of the older parks that were designed by Frederick Law Olmstead. They have a director of marketing, etc, & call them "our parks" (not the publics parks). They want free park workers & want people to donate, too. Wonder if they had anything to do with banning detecting? HH, George (MN)

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jesus H. Christ, WhiteBoy. I am an elderly person and I can not believe that you were digging up my park. I had plans for that spot. Maybe a little condo for field mice, or, yeee-haw, I'm laughing about it. I can understand the initial concern of the uninformed casual observer. It is far better that it was you there, than I. I work for the largest retailer in the world in management. When the District Manager tours the store, and we all have to step and fetch, I ain't got to worry. She doesn't ask me much at all, because as she once said 'I don't know what's gonna come out of your mouth next". I earned that rep, don't ask me about diggin up the park, please. Talk to him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread