Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We haven't been able to detect very much this year, just the way it is. Managed to get out for about an hour and a half this evening. The heat was miserable and my foot was giving me fits. The little woman was constantly reminding me that she was going to kick my butt again. It was thundering to the east of us and to the west but we kept at it. I had chased one signal for five minutes, it turned out to be a tiny piece of trash but in this spot it could be anything. Then I had a high signal on the Deus on the lowest freq on the HF coil. I really thought that I was digging a penny. I chased this signal around a huge root, the sweat in my eyes was horrible and I was hurting. Finally on the second big hole around the root but about six inches away, I finally see the glint of small silver. 1920 Merc in very nice shape and it was my only coin for the day. Butt kicking was reversed at the last second. Man was the humidity terrible and my foot was wallowing around in my shoe like it wasn't tied. I walk on the side of it, ruin a lot of shoes.

Attachments

• 20190707_162004.jpg
    20190707_162004.jpg
    864.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 20190707_162017.jpg
    20190707_162017.jpg
    686.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20190707_165657.jpg
    20190707_165657.jpg
    965.5 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 15
it don't get any easier ,you stuck with it and won the battle . thats the way it's done, now you can lick your wounds and get ready for your next hunt . oldtimer...

Way to go Dirtlooter. Nice to find a silver after all that work. The heat and humidity here in Pa have been pretty bad too. I only get out for a few hours a week.

SCORE! Hope the foot gets better, thanks for sharing and HH ALL

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice old Mercury dime, congrats! :occasion14: You may be able to get some special shoe inserts to "right" your foot while walking.

Nice old Mercury dime, congrats! :occasion14: You may be able to get some special shoe inserts to "right" your foot while walking.

nope, they don't help. even have a steel leg brace with boot but the foot still turns on it's side no matter how tight. I even ruin the built in shoes and boots really quickly. botched foot operation (from motorcycle wreck)

That's a nice reward for all your suffering - both with the foot and these hot humid conditions. Hope you can enjoy some A/C.

Nice to see you getting out and having some fun. Congrats on the silver.

Nice silver & well earned, congrats on the save & being back to the top, HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back