What's new

Butt Plate

sirlostalot

Full Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
211
Reaction score
258
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this where I found a King George coin. I know it doesn't mean that its that old. But I was wondering if someone could identify what rifle it came off of.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01728.webp
    DSC01728.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC01730.webp
    DSC01730.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC01731.webp
    DSC01731.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC01732.webp
    DSC01732.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC01733.webp
    DSC01733.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 91
Looks like the ones off of a late Brown Bess.
 
Upvote 0
Nice find. Sorry I can’t ID it.
 
Upvote 0
The last pic looks like a fish head That would be an awesome relic if from a gun
 
Upvote 0
I see Flipper the Dolphin & a Goose ..Cool.

The piece is way to old for my expertise but is a Nice relic.
GLWID
 
Upvote 0
Definitely a butt plate. But it looks like the tang has a veiner incised line just inside the edge. That would take it out of the Bess/musket category. But it could still be military as officers provided their own weapons and a "blunderbuss" commonly had a bit of decoration.

Still could be private militia or most likely hunting.
 
Upvote 0
Nice find. Looks like an india pattern

​[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.blackleyandson.com/acatalog/Butt_plates.html[/FONT]
 
Upvote 0
Very nice find, congrats!!!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom