fyrffytr1
Gold Member
- Joined
- Mar 5, 2010
- Messages
- 7,742
- Reaction score
- 12,709
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Southwest Georgia
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus, White's DFX
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
| Date(s) |
I saw that on the UK Backmark site and it may well be the one I am looking for but Antiquarian's post states that G. Hobson was a clothing retailer so he would probably have sourced his buttons from another maker.This may or may not be your man, but I thought I would present it for your review.
Date(s) Name
[TD="width: 180"] Address [/TD]
[TD="width: 217"] Related Information [/TD]
[TD="width: 83"] 1837-1877 [/TD]
[TD="width: 161"] Hobson & Sons [/TD]
[TD="width: 180"] 94 Great Windmill St & 43-44 Artillery Place, Woolwich [/TD]
[TD="width: 217"][/TD]
[TD="width: 83"] 1878-1883 [/TD]
[TD="width: 161"] Hobson & Sons [/TD]
[TD="width: 180"] 37-38 Little Windmill Street & Woolwich [/TD]
[TD="width: 217"][/TD]
[TD="width: 83"] 1884-1886 [/TD]
[TD="width: 161"] Hobson & Sons [/TD]
[TD="width: 180"] 37-38 Little Windmill Street [/TD]
[TD="width: 217"][/TD]
[TD="width: 83"][/TD]
[TD="width: 161"] Hobson [/TD]
[TD="width: 180"] London W [/TD]
[TD="width: 217"][/TD]
[TD="width: 83"] 1887- [/TD]
[TD="width: 161"] Hobson & Sons [/TD]
[TD="width: 180"] 1 3 & 5 Lexington St [/TD]
[TD="width: 217"][/TD]
[TD="width: 83"] 1890’s [/TD]
[TD="width: 161"][/TD]
[TD="width: 180"][/TD]
[TD="width: 217"] Active until this date
British Army buttons [/TD]
I found a reference online to a London newspaper c1870 to "GEORGE HOBSON, 148 REGENT STREET, W. London - Clothing Retailer."
He "respectfully invited JOHN G. ROLLINS, AMERICAN MERCHANT," to visit his shop.
Dave