What's new

button but from what?

Bhodge

Full Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
143
Reaction score
199
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a button I found today, but i cant read any of the lettering on the back nor do I have any idea where its from. Found in East Tn at a home built about 1900. Also found V nickel 1908, 3 mercs, 40,43,45. and 7 wheats in the 19-teens. I appreciate all the help.
The merc is for reference of size since its a big button.

Billy
 

Attachments

  • securedownload button front.webp
    securedownload button front.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 159
  • securedownload (button back).webp
    securedownload (button back).webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 150
I have found some pics that say its a military button. I cant figure out what the lettering on the back is but i can make out "BMANY ME" I think.....I know the MANY ME is accurate.

Thanks
 
Upvote 0
It's a US Great Seal button, used from 1902-Present.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hello2:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
462
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pewter eagle button
Replies
1
Views
504

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom