What's new

Button...civil war?

Tnrelicman

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2010
Messages
351
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac
I found this at a civil war camp site, can anyone tell if it is of the period or not?
 

Attachments

  • butn.webp
    butn.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 299
  • butn1.webp
    butn1.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 282
Here is the back but its shot :(
 

Attachments

  • back.webp
    back.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 270
Upvote 0
From the pic it looks like a modern clothing button. I can't tell from the pic but if it has a flimsy iron shank or a hump in the back with 2 holes through it ( selfshank) that's what it is. If the shank is brass it could be civil war but I'm not sure what it would be.
 
Upvote 0
probably not by the looks of the back.
 
Upvote 0
That does match the button I found, but I'm still confused on the age of it, I also found unfired spencer bullets and I think a 45 colt bullet within 15 yards of it, I have verified this was a staging are during the civil war.
 
Upvote 0
Tnrelicman said:
That does match the button I found, but I'm still confused on the age of it, I also found unfired spencer bullets and I think a 45 colt bullet within 15 yards of it, I have verified this was a staging are during the civil war.
It may be an old button but its listed under fashion and still made today. Iron back usually means a fashion blazer button.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • eagle button ebay.webp
    eagle button ebay.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 118
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom