✅ SOLVED BUTTON HELP PLEASE

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this button today.I cand make out stand on it clearly, but the rest looks to be written in italic maybe don't know.Thought it might be treble gilt stand.not really sure real hard to make out but its got the same number of letters as it.Thanks

ForumRunner_20130402_142657.png

ForumRunner_20130402_142732.png

ForumRunner_20130402_142756.png

ForumRunner_20130402_142820.png

ForumRunner_20130402_142850.png

DoranHashemi

Mar 12, 2013
Savannah, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Only thing I was hoping was for c&r imperial standard, which would be British around 1790 to 1820. A long long shot though! gl

Upvote 0

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The words you're having trouble with are written in Old-English Script -- which of course indicates it is a British-made 1-piece brass flatbutton. It does say Treble Gilt. The rest of the backmark actually says STANDd (note the small d)... which is an abbreviation of Standard, as you'd expect.

When dug in the US, these British-made 1-piece brass buttons with "indented" lettering in the backmark date from about 1810 into the late-1830s. By that time, American button makers could mass-produce enough that there was no longer a need to import them from Britain, which meant you had to pay the US Government's stiff Import Tarriff (tax) on them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The words you're having trouble with are written in Old-English Script -- which of course indicates it is a British-made 1-piece brass flatbutton. It does say Trenble Gilt. The rest of the backmark actually says STANDd (note the small d)... which is an abbreviation of Standard, as you'd expect...
life.gif
Wow - you are my idol!

Upvote 0

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I want y'all to know that I do notice and appreciate that thought, and y'all's other compliments. Yes, I'm spending several hours a day, every day, as an "ID-helper" here, simply to assist my fellow relic-diggers. But I must point out, several other people in the What-Is-It forum also do that, and may God bless them for their Volunteer labors. Insofar as I'm aware, TreasureNet doesn't pay any member -- even the Moderators.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
John Boy

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The words you're having trouble with are written in Old-English Script -- which of course indicates it is a British-made 1-piece brass flatbutton. It does say Trenble Gilt. The rest of the backmark actually says STANDd (note the small d)... which is an abbreviation of Standard, as you'd expect.

When dug in the US, these British-made 1-piece brass button with "indented" lettering in the backmark date from about 1810 into the late-1830s. By that time, American button makers could mass-produce enough that there was no longer a need to import them from Britain, which meant you had to pay the US Government's stiff Import Tarriff (tax) on them.
Hey alright thanks buddy.good to know.Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread