What's new

Button Help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
The back says EXTRA SCOVILLE. Half the front is missing. I have seen a button like this before. Does anyone know what button it is and find an image? I also found a War of 1812 button next to it. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2138.webp
    IMG_2138.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_2139.webp
    IMG_2139.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2137.webp
    IMG_2137.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_2138.webp
    IMG_2138.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_2139.webp
    IMG_2139.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2140.webp
    IMG_2140.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 271
This Artillery button i think made about 1860, it should read : Scovills & Co ..EXTRA.. I don't have a book, so going by memory on the Date.

Bill
 
Upvote 0
Nove Treasure is right.
That backmark can go back to the 1850's though.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you gents.
Could anyone post an image of what this button looks like in original state? :icon_scratch:
Thanks if you can.
 
Upvote 0
I didn't have a pic of an A handy but it would look like this
 

Attachments

  • 1 V cuff.webp
    1 V cuff.webp
    3.2 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0
Thank you very much vayank. I didn't even realize there was an A on this button until you meantioned it. I guess its an Artillery button. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Garabaldi said:
Thank you gents.
Could anyone post an image of what this button looks like in original state? :icon_scratch:
Thanks if you can.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,295811.0.html
 

Attachments

  • button artillery cw.webp
    button artillery cw.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 166
  • button artillery cw.webp
    button artillery cw.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 0
bigcy, this guy had listed them as WWII buttons, but aren't they CW? Did he miss title them on ebay?
 
Upvote 0
Garabaldi said:
bigcy, this guy had listed them as WWII buttons, but aren't they CW? Did he miss title them on ebay?
The seller on eBay thinks they are WWII buttons. They are CW. Apparently he doesnt have access to the experience of TN. Happens quite often on eBay, more often at flea markets and yard sales.

Several buyers noticed the error and paid $36 in a bidding war. If they were WWII, he wouldnt get 2 bucks. I dropped out of the bidding at $20.
 
Upvote 0
Wow. Thats all I have to say about that. :o
 
Upvote 0
I wasnt sure myself if they were real but I would have gambled at $20. I think they were.
Thats your button face, different backmark.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom