What's new

button help

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Is this an old militia button or a modern button? I found it in a historical area. Any idea what kind of button this is? :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • colchester march 1st. 385.webp
    colchester march 1st. 385.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 256
  • colchester march 1st. 386.webp
    colchester march 1st. 386.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 276
  • colchester march 1st. 387.webp
    colchester march 1st. 387.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 256
  • colchester march 1st. 388.webp
    colchester march 1st. 388.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 262
Hey G, Judging by the mushroom back, it looks like a modern blazer Navy button, but I'm not the button expert. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I believe that on Navy buttons the eagle and the anchor are "straight." Ones that are offset like this are Marine buttons. A backmark would help but it could be as old as the Indian Wars.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Nice find :thumbsup: Just posted one just like yours a couple days ago! They came in many forms front and back it looks like as I've looked at quite a few since mine but all say CW war for time frame on up for this type.I know the one I found would not be after WWI as this site would not have been there then and don't think it was during WWI but will give a little leed way for it myself.I tried to go by the shape of the head and beak but still can't call mine cause of the way it is for sure.As mine it looks like I can see both eyes of the eagle and others only one but the beak being short and closed the one I think looks most like I posted a pic.of.
I'm not good with these newer type buttons either but know what it looks like to me! :laughing7:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,311132.0.html#top
Take Care,
Pete!
 
Upvote 0
Not Navy. Its Marine. Im not familiar with the back. It may be the same back as Petes.
 
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
Beat you to it a couple of posts above. ;D

Daryl
Yes I know. Sorry I didnt clarify. I was just supporting you. Im not myself today.

Do you know anything about the back?
 
Upvote 0
I think it is a stamped brass turret back common from the 1880s to 1920s.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
I think it is a stamped brass turret back common from the 1880s to 1920s.

Daryl
I think that solves it. Its a single hole stamped brass turret button, Marines 1880-1920. I think that solves Petes button as well.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you Pete, BigCy and Daryl. :hello2:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom