What's new

Button Help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Any idea what this button is? It seems to have an X mark and a line with a P on the top. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 317
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 303
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 302
Or maybe a token? Looks like it has designs on both sides.
 
Upvote 0
Im surprised this isnt solved.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • coin1.webp
    coin1.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 199
  • coin2.webp
    coin2.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 204
Upvote 0
What is the composition?


Looks like a lead seal with the Religious "Chi Rho" insignia. Yours could be a modern copy. Originals have been dug in England, but they are extremely weathered.
I could surely be a coin too.
 
Upvote 0
Here's what I found.

I rotated the "Back" 180º and enlarged the image. Suddenly, it looks like a person sitting there! My best guess is that it's probably a saint token (Catholics being big on saints and all), sort've like my dad's St. Christoper medal.

Also, if you look real close, you can sort've see a thin sharp circular impression above where the figure's "forehead" is. I believe this is a Halo.
 

Attachments

  • coin3.webp
    coin3.webp
    92.3 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 0
Normally I laugh when some one says they see something they have been looking way too long at.

But I have to tell you, that is incredible you saw that, because I see it too!


Now I can go back and look for the match. Great eye!
Could be a great find here. The man may be holding a Cross in his right hand. I can't make that out though.
 

Attachments

  • coin3.webp
    coin3.webp
    55.1 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0
Dont forget the halo. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the compliment! To be honest, I just got lucky. I put a weird solar filter (temperature color variation based on contour) on the token and happened to rotate it and it just popped out, sorta.

My wife says "Why's the guy on that coin flipping you the finger?" Ha ha ha... Then I thought "Well, if he had another finger up, it might be Ronnie James Dio! He's a saint, right?" :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Here's that line I think might be a Halo.
 

Attachments

  • coin3-1.webp
    coin3-1.webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
Im not saying these are the same medallions but The Christ depicted may look something like this. It may be a Sacred Heart of Jesus medal. I think your image may be reversed. :dontknow: Christs right hand is up usually.

medal jesus holding chalice.webp medal sacred heart jc.webp


The other hand may be holding a chalice like this antique medal.

medal sacred heart jc.webp
 

Attachments

  • medal christ.webp
    medal christ.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 0
There were millions of Catholic religious medals made but Im pretty sure its a Sacred Heart of Jesus medallion. Look at the face and robe.

medal sacred heart 2.webpmedal unk.webp
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
12
Views
1K
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom