Attachments

• DSCF4080.JPG
    DSCF4080.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 190

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I don't think it looks like any Texas buttons I've seen... usually it says "t e x a s" around the button between the points, or, without the letters and just the star. Your button has a different looking star - kinda like a star fish and not a big flat star like I've seen.

Again... not an expert, just never seen the CW Texas star button that looked like that...

However - trk5capt does know what he's talking about when it comes to CW stuff... and I'm just throwing guesses.

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
This appears to be very similar to one of the star buttons attributed to the Maine Militia, and listed by Albert as #ME 4C.

Upvote 0

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
PBK said:
This appears to be very similar to one of the star buttons attributed to the Maine Militia, and listed by Albert as #ME 4C.
PBK, I Thought The Same as You, But I Don't See The Embossed Lines On The Star, Maybe My Eyes Are Just Going Bad. Still An Interesting Find. trk5capt...

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
trk5capt said:
PBK said:
PPK, I Thought The Same as You, But I Don't See The Embossed Lines On The Star, Maybe My Eyes Are Just Going Bad. Still An Interesting Find. trk5capt...

Same here, which is why I said, "..very similar." Might be an unlisted variant. (Tice has a couple of others, but they're lined, too.) Then again, might just be a stock/generic pattern button. However, the Maine Militia buttons are the only ones I can find with a beveled star and the same type of rim as on RKinOI's.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions