What's new

Button ID Please!!! Solved THANKS!!!

Heath j

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2010
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cleveland, Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
I found this in SE Tennessee and I was wondering what era it came from and if it is in fact a CW button or not? :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • 100_0355.webp
    100_0355.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 100_0356.webp
    100_0356.webp
    74.7 KB · Views: 205
Re: Button ID Please!!!

I going to say its a modern fashion button made the old fashioned way to resemble a cast drilled shank.

It looks like brass colored plating coming off over pot metal. Sorry not CW.
 

Attachments

  • button fashion regimental.webp
    button fashion regimental.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 174
Upvote 0
Re: Button ID Please!!!

Iron Patch said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I going to say its a modern fashion button made the old fashioned way to resemble a cast drilled shank.

It looks like brass colored plating coming off over pot metal. Sorry not CW.

I think you nailed that one.

Toyish type crown and no regt. named, plus you'd never see a face anywhere near that on an early drilled shank button. You wouldn't see a marked military, period, because during that time frame they were plain.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button ID Please!!!

We heard you the first time sheesh! :icon_pirat:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button ID Please!!!

Deftone said:
We heard you the first time sheesh! :icon_pirat:


Long day! ;D The first time I messed up quoting the post, then trying to fix it I obviously replied again somehow. Time to get some sleep I think.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button ID Please!!!

Sometimes TN posts real slow on my computer, I get impatient and so I post it again and it posts twice. Maybe what happened.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button ID Please!!!

Thanks guys!!! I didn't have my hopes up so all good!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button ID Please!!!

Heath,

If you feel this is solved, (and I think it is)

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear


Here is a photo tutorial to help you through that process. Thanks :icon_thumright:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259097.0.html
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom