What's new

✅ SOLVED Button id please

ott

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2013
Messages
35
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Location
stoke on trent
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello.
Could anyone identify this recent button find ,
My guess is possibly a livery button ? But
Maybe wrong.
It measures approximately 28 mm.
Greek figure head in the centre
Thanks for any help and ideas.
 

Attachments

  • Image.webp
    Image.webp
    560.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Image (1).webp
    Image (1).webp
    689.8 KB · Views: 74
Nice button.

I think you're correct that it's livery, especially since the disembodied head is resting on a torse.

My guess is that it might relate to the Shirley family (of Warwickshire). It is their motto: HONOR VIRTUTIS PRӔMIUM (Honour is the reward of virtue/valour).

Although others have used that motto, the Shirley family has a Saracen's head as its blazon and I think that's what it is on your button, rather than a "Greek" head:


Sorry for providing a link rather than the picture, but I'm respecting the copyright of the publisher.
 
Upvote 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom